Read below for Beyond Boutique’s top picks for pre- and post-cruise hotels. When booking flights for your next cruise, why not think about adding a few days before or after to enjoy the city of embarkation and/or disembarkation. It will give you a chance to acclimate to the new time zone and allow you to take advantage of getting to know what are often incredible port cities. Whether you are preparing for your departure or returning to land, these properties are simply incredible and sure to leave a lasting impression before or after your next cruise!
1. Dorado Beach Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Puerto Rico – One of the most exciting property openings in years, Dorado Beach is a truly impressive oasis offering legendary Ritz-Carlton service on steroids. Brownell Amenities: Contact Beyond Boutique for details
2. Park Hyatt, Sydney – A recent $65 million dollar renovation brought many improvements, but none so impressive as the stunning views of the quay and Opera House. This is a must-see property. Virtuoso Amenity Upgrade if available, breakfast daily and one complimentary lunch or dinner.
3. Four Seasons Istanbul at Sultanahmet – This quaint hotel was created inside a century-old former Turkish prison and is just steps away from some of the world’s most important and inspiring antiquities and architecture. It’s more than a little special. Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, $100 food, and beverage credit.
4. Hotel Cipriani, Venice – Recognized as Virtuoso’s top hotel of 2012, this glorious and romantic property should be on every traveler’s shortlist. Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, $100 hotel credit.
5. The Goring, London – Brownell clients made The Goring famous long before Princess Kate! A Brownell favorite for more than 25 years – our clients are treated like royalty at this special London property with superb service. It’s one of my client’s favorite London hotels! Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, $100 hotel credit.
6. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok – For more than 143 years, travelers have followed the Chao Phraya River to stay at the legendary Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. A luxury five-star hotel in one of the world’s most exciting cities, and could be considered to be one of the most magical hotels in the world. “Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, one complimentary Thai lunch.
7. Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City – Perched on the shores of the St. Lawrence River, The Auberge is the perfect century launch pad for exploring romantic, historical Quebec City. Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, $100 food, and beverage credit.
8. King Pacific Lodge, Vancouver – Nestled in the Great Bear Rainforest, King Pacific Lodge is home to amazing wildlife viewing including the rare, white spirit Bear. Guests can kayak, hike in the lush rainforest, fish, and indulge in exquisite gourmet cuisine. Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, Sake Set from the Morita family, owners of the lodge.
9. Casa Gangotena, Quito – Casa Gangoteno occupies a pivotal spot in Quito’s historical heart at the corner of the Plaza San Francisco. Quito was the first city to be named a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Casa Gangoteno is an important landmark. Virtuoso Amenities – Upgrade if available, breakfast daily, 6-course Chef’s tasting menu with wine.
10. Hotel Neri, Barcelona – A hidden gem in the center of the Gothic Quarter, this true boutique hotel is as unique as it is memorable. Brownell Amenities – Email us at email@example.com for details.
Toni McClelland is affiliated with Virtuoso. Click here to sign up for our newsletter. For more information on other fabulous pre-and-post hotels, contact us at 732-233-2721 or firstname.lastname@example.org