10 things you must know about the 2020 Ski Season
As most travel during Covid, this year’s ski season will be a little different from years past. You can expect Ski resorts to take extra steps to ensure the health and safety of guests which includes safety protocols and limiting the number of travelers. The good news is there are also silver linings like smaller crowds and short lift lines! Here’s what you need to know about this year’s ski season.
- Some of the top US ski destinations are requiring ski reservations for the first time. At properties owned by Vail Resorts*, an Epic Pass is the best way to secure your days prior to lift-tickets going on sale.
- Ski schools will have limitations on age groups and class sizes – book early!
- If you buy an Epic Pass AFTER December 7, 2020 you can only reserve your time on the mountain the week of your trip. Your best bet is to purchase before the December deadline.
- Lift tickets are more important than ever. While they used to be the last consideration, now they are the FIRST to secure your space on the mountain.
- Ski schools will have limitations on age groups and class sizes – book early! Don’t rule out European ski destinations. If you can travel last-minute, you may have an opportunity as new international routes open.
- Steamboat, Aspen, and Snowmass are not requiring reservations at this time. But when you book with a preferred partner like Beyond Boutique, you can purchase advance lift tickets and secure your time on the mountain.
- Good news – there will be more outdoor dining options available. Think heat lamps, fire pits, and s’mores!
- Be flexible! We’ll help you navigate the new restrictions and added logistics to find the destination that best fits your needs (even if it is different from where you thought you would go!).
- Hotels and villas in mountain towns saw record visitation levels this summer, and they had a jump on implementing COVID protocols so you can feel safe.
- Use a travel advisor to help you understand the different opportunities and restrictions.
*Vail Resorts include Vail, Whistler Blackcomb, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Heavenly, Northstar, and Kirkwood.
If you have travel dreams, you deserve a travel plan.
Sign up for Virtuoso Wanderlist, a place to collect and share travel ideas with your friends, family, and us and start dreaming of your next vacation.